Literary transnationalism; comparative literature; decolonial aesthetics; Caribbean literature, cinema, and culture
- Ph.D., Binghamton University (SUNY)
- M.A., University of Western Ontario
- B.A., University of Toronto
- Decolonial Thinking: Resistant Meanings and Communal Other-Sense. Ed. with María Lugones. Forthcoming 2024. Indiana University Press.
Chapters in edited volume
- “Introduction” with María Lugones. Decolonial Thinking: Resistant Meaning and Communal Other-Sense. Eds. María Lugones and Patrick Crowley.
- “Decolonial Aesthetics Beyond the Borders of Man: Sylvia Wynter’s Theory and Praxis of Human-Aesthetic Transformation.” Decolonial Thinking: Resistant Meaning and Communal Other-Sense. Eds. María Lugones and Patrick Crowley.
Article in Peer-Reviewed Journal
- “Afro-Cuban Histories through a Fractured Lens: Gloria Rolando’s Aesthetic Approach to the Decolonial Imaginary in Raíces de mi corazón and 1912: Voces de un silencio.” Black Camera 14.1 (2022). pp. 233-54.
Entries in scholarly reference work
- “Cumbite”; “María Antonia”; “Raíces de mi corazón.” A Cuban Cinema Companion. Eds. Salvador Jiménez Murguía, Sean O’Reilly, and Amanda McMenamin. Rowman & Littlefield, 2019.
Email address: Email me