ENG 3580: Theory & Pedagogy in the Teaching of Writing
ENG 4560: Adolescent Literature
ENG 4591: Teaching High School English
M/W/F: 9-10 and 1-3
- B.A., University of Georgia
- M.A. North Carolina State University
- Ph.D., North Carolina State University
* Moran, C. M. & Rice, M. F. (2021). Virtual and Augmented Reality in English Language Arts Education. Lexington Books.
* Moran, C. M. (2020). Affordances and Constraints of Mobile Phones in English Language Arts Classrooms. IGI Global.
* Young, C.A., & Moran, C. M. (Eds.). (2017). Applying the flipped classroom model to English language arts education. IGI Global.
* Crovitz, D., & Moran, C. M. (2020). Analyzing disruptive memes in an age of Russian interference. English Journal 109(4), 62–69
* Moran, C. M., & Woodall, M.K. (2019). “It was like I was there”: Inspiring engagement through virtual reality. English Journal 109(1), 90-96.
* Rybakova, K., Rice, M., Moran, C., Zucker, L., McGrail, W., McDermott, M., Loomis, S., Piotrowski, A., Garcia, M., Gerber, H., Gibbins, T., & Marlatt, R. (2019). A long arc bending towards equity: Tracing almost 20 years of ELA teaching trends in CITE. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 19(4). Retrieved from https://www.citejournal.org/volume-19/issue-4-19/english-language-arts/a-long-arc-bending-toward-equity-tracing-almost-20-years-of-ela-teaching-with-technology
* Young, C. A., & Moran, C. M. (2019). Tracing the evolution of digital technologies’ impact on text consumption and production. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 19(3). Retrieved from https://www.citejournal.org/volume-19/issue-3-19/english-language-arts/23-months-x-22-scholars-collaboration-negotiation-and-the-revision-of-a-position-statement-on-technology-in-english-language-arts/.
* Moran, C. M. (2018). Learners without borders: Connected learning in a digital third space. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 18(2). Retrieved from http://www.citejournal.org/volume-18/issue-2-18/english-language-arts/learners-without-borders-connected-learning-in-a-digital-third-space
* Moran, C. M. (2018) “Just don’t bore us to death”: Seventh graders’ perceptions of flipping a technology-mediated English language arts unit, Middle Grades Review 4(1), Article 5, 1-18. https://scholarworks.uvm.edu/mgreview/vol4/iss1/5
* Moran, C. M. (2017). Hands across the pond: Transatlantic collaboration through a mobile phone app. Journal of Interactive Learning Research, 28(4), 417-437. https://learntechlib.org/p/178260/
* Moran, C. M. (2016). Telling our story: Using digital scrapbooks to celebrate cultural capital. International Journal of Designs for Learning, 7(3), 88-94. Retrieved from https://scholarworks.iu.edu/journals/index.php/ijdl/article/view/19211
Title: Assistant Professor
Department: Department of English
Email address: Email me