Teaching and Research Areas
- Theories of World Literature
- Literary Sociology
- Global Modernisms
- Global Anglophone Literature, 1900-Present
- Print Culture and Book History
- Translation Studies
- Media Studies
- Vanderbilt University, BA (2012)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, MA (2016) and PhD (2019)
- Actors, Institutions, and Networks: Recovering Agency in World Literary Circulation in the Twentieth and Twenty-First Centuries. Under Contract.
- Selling Books with Algorithms. Under Contract.
Works in Progress
- “‘In Accord with the Spirit of American Democracy’: Tracing the Network of the U.S. Armed Services Editions.” (Article)
- “Algorithmically Processed Data in Translation Publication: A Quantitative Comparison of Amazon Crossing and Dalkey Archive.” (Article)
- “Teaching Black American Literature as World Literature.” Invited article.
- “Third Person Random.” Post45 Contemporaries cluster on “Reading with Algorithms.” Forthcoming 2023.
- Making and Reading World Literature in a Pandemic: Global Logistics in Ling Ma’s Severance.” Journal of World Literature, vol. 7, no. 2, 2022. 184–201.
- Translation of “Blick in den Strom" by Nikolaus Lenau, in Poems on Rivers, ed. Henry Hughes. Everyman’s Library, 2022.
- “Cut, Copyright, Paste: Proliferating Print Networks in Susan Howe’s Melville’s Marginalia.” Book History, vol. 24, no. 2, 2021. 476–498.
- “Review of Soldiers of the Pen by Thomas Howell.” SHARP News, forthcoming 2021. 3 MSS pp.
- “Review of The Work and the Reader in Literary Studies: Scholarly Editing and Book History by Paul Eggert.” Papers of the Bibliographical Society of America, vol. 114, no 3, 2020. 378-381.
- “Anthologizing Race: Folk, Volk and Untranslation in the Weimar Republic.” Journal of World Literature, vol. 3, no. 4, 2018. 552–575.
- “The Quarantine Garden” (Review of The Poetics and Politics of Gardening in Hard Times, ed. Naomi Milthorpe). Edge Effects. June 2, 2020. https://edgeeffects.net/the-quarantine-garden/
- “Decapitation, Pregnancy, and the Tongue: The Body as Political Metaphor in Measure for Measure.” Early Modern Literary Studies, vol. 20, no. 1, 2018. 1–19.
Title: Visiting Assistant Professor
Department: Department of English
Email address: Email me